Young Adult Services
Young Adult Services (YAS) is designed to guide young adults, ages 14-24, along the pathway to education, training, personal development and ultimately, a rewarding career!
We understand that young adults need a solid foundation of academic and job readiness skills in order to survive and compete in today’s economy. It is for this reason that YAS exists and provides the following services:
- Online Tutoring in reading and math
- High school diploma/equivalency assistance
- Education and career assessments
- College or vocational training preparation assistance
- Entrepreneurial training
- Training Scholarship for in-demand occupations
- Exploring and developing a career goal
- Job readiness workshops
- Interview preparation workshops
- Work experience opportunities
- Job placement assistance
- Guidance from an Academic Career Advisor
- Mentoring programs
- Leadership development
- Financial literacy workshops
There are 3 simple steps to register and start the pathway to education and a rewarding career.
1. Get Started
To learn more about our Young Adult Services view our orientation video.
- Expedite your request for services
- Send secure messages to staff
- Conduct job search
- Access labor marker career and employment data
Minimum qualifications to receive personal guidance and assistance from our professional staff:
- Must be 14-24 years of age
- Parent or legal guardian signature is required for those under 18
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Maybe required to meet Low-income eligibility guidelines
- Be a Fresno County resident
- Males 18 and older must meet military selective services compliance requirements
If you don’t meet our Young Adult Services eligibility requirements, our staff will direct you to other resources that may be able to help you meet your academic and employment goals.
“No one works harder to put YOU to work!”
Young Adult Services has locations throughout Fresno County. View a map to find the location nearest you.