Fresno State | Maddy Center $56,000 Fellowship
Applications for two $56,000 Fellowships
Due Friday, March 15th, 2019
Fresno, CA – Through the generosity of The Wonderful Company, San Joaquin Valley students will have the opportunity to become the next generation of Valley leaders through The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship. This program provides financial assistance for Valley students to help them obtain an advanced degree from a top graduate program and then return to apply what they have learned to help make the San Joaquin Valley a better place to live, work, and raise a family.
The Maddy Institute will award two $56,000 Fellowships to Valley students who are accepted into a nationally ranked, qualified graduate program in the fall of 2019. This Fellowship, now in its fourth year, is made possible by a generous gift from Lynda and Stewart Resnick, co-owners of The Wonderful Company. The Resnicks are dedicated to making the Central Valley a better place to live, work, and learn, and share the Maddy Institute’s commitment to opportunity and excellence in education for regional youth. Please visit here for a general overview of the Fellowship.
Application must be postmarked, delivered, emailed, or faxed by 5:00 p.m. PDT on Due Friday, March 15th, 2019
- Completed Application: All sections must be completed and signed.
- Resume: Must be current and completed. Your resume should include GPA (overall and for the last two years), major, and any honors received.
- Personal Statement: Not to exceed three pages, single-spaced. Your statement should include: Why should you be selected as a Wonderful Public Service Fellow? What makes you the best choice to receive this fellowship? Once you graduate, how do you plan to use this knowledge to benefit the Central Valley?
- College Transcripts: Copies are acceptable. Your name must appear on the document. Official transcripts indicating expected graduation date and degree will be required of applicants selected for the program.
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit three letters of recommendation. It is strongly suggested that at least one faculty member familiar with your work provide one of the recommendations. Each letter must be submitted in a sealed envelope, with the recommender’s signature across the seal.
- Must have a 3.0 overall GPA or higher;
- Must be applying or have been accepted into a graduate degree program in the field of Public Policy, Public Affairs, Public Administration, Social Welfare, Urban Planning, or MBA program for entry in fall 2019.
To Apply: Please print or download the application here. All applications must be received by the specified date. NO EXCEPTIONS. Submit via email, fax, in person, or mail to:
Executive Director - The Maddy Institute
Foundation Building. California State University
4910 E. Chestnut Ave. OF 43.
Fresno, CA 93726
Office: (559) 278-1133
Fax: (559) 278-1167
About The Maddy Institute
The Maddy Institute was established to engage, prepare and inspire the next generation of government leaders and civil servants. Activities primarily focus on Citizen Participation, Policy Research and Leadership Training. Leadership Training programs consist primarily of an extensive government intern program for college students throughout the Valley, as well as The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship.
About The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Wonderful Almonds, Wonderful Halos, Teleflora, JUSTIN Wines, and Landmark Wines.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.