My name is Peter Fortuna and since the age of nine, I have dedicated my life to health and fitness, education, and community service and engagement.
Why I Want to Serve
I want to serve the staff of Fresno State because I believe I can help create awareness and foster relationships; open lines of communication among Union members and the Administration; help provide reasons to our members for their Union membership; support Union growth; and support Union benefits to our members, our families, and our future while serving our students.
I believe in fairness and providing avenues for our members to grow in their careers and express themselves at Fresno State.
Through the use technology we can share information, collaborate, and support our Union members as we serve the students of our campus.
I want to support our members by facilitating opportunities to find meaning and value in their vocations and professions at Fresno State.
I enjoy seeing our Union members succeed and believe we can strategically plan for the continued and future success of our members.
I want to serve because at my core- I am a Bulldog. I am a fighter who believes I have something at Fresno State to fight for, and with, and because of.
Serving as your Union President, I am confident that I can successfully provide you with a voice on the Fresno State campus and CSU System.
Community Service History
I have an intense core belief in service to others. I've used the phrase “Here to help” for several years and I make every attempt to live by the Rotarian motto of “Service Above Self”.
- Rotary International, Zone 25 & 26, District 5230, North Fresno Rotary District Resource Leader
- Terry Huntsman Award Winner: Local Rotary award for service above self
- Advanced Grant Writer: Working with Fresno State and Rotary International service groups
- Fresno State Staff Assembly, Treasurer and Social Media Officer: Social media
- Fresno State Mediator Mentor and CRETE: Conflict resolution trainer
- Toastmasters VP of Public Relations: Social media
- Instructor University of Phoenix: Various IT, Ethics, and Business courses
- Fresno State Peer Wellness Ambassador: President, provide health and wellness information to campus community
- Santa Clara High School Alumni Association Founding Member: Organized fundraising events
- Founding member of local charter school
- Louis Stokes Student Ambassador
- Microsoft Student Ambassador
- ACM/IEEE club officer
- Teacher assistant K8
- After school coach
- Religious and high school committees and groups
- Athletic team collaborations endeavors (football, wrestling, martial arts)